Tuesday, February 02, 2010

For you...our devoted readers

Just to keep our readership up, I thought I'd let you know what we've been doing lately. Not much of anything. These cold winter days have found Kayleigh and me mostly just hanging out at home doing a lot of nothing. "Nothing" being defined as her watching movies and me reading. Once in a while, I rouse myself and iron a few shirts or load/unload the dishwasher. I figure if I can get at least that much done, I've accomplished a lot. The highlight of my day is usually when I go check the mail to see who got more mail - us or Cathy. Cathy usually wins. Sometimes I go clear across the valley to pick up Tara and take her to work where she's only been scheduled for two-hour shifts lately. Kales and I hang around that area (Layton Hills Mall) so we can then take her home after. It's too far to go home and come back for her. We find little time-consuming things to do like go to McDonald's Playland for some social interaction, usually find a bathroom, and run a few errands. I try to save up things to do in that area so that we're not just sitting in the car twiddling our thumbs. (She is looking for another job since they've only been scheduling her for about five hours per week - ridiculous!) Sometimes we go to the library or to the newspaper recycle bin. We're still waiting for Matt's W-2 so we can start on our taxes. I don't have a clue about reporting the inheritance...do any of you? I haven't looked into it yet. Someone told me that the tax laws may have changed for 2009, in our favor I hope. Matt got golf clubs for Christmas and is enjoying hitting buckets of balls during his lunch breaks. I got a free subscription to a golfing magazine, so he'll be competing with Tiger shortly I'm sure. Then we'll be making the big bucks and someone else can iron his shirts! I hope your winter has been as exciting as ours. Did Phil see his shadow?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Brent will be competing with Tiger and Matt then I guess. He recently became a professional Wii golfer.

We are in the market for a good tax accountant, lest we don't end up in jail for doing our taxes wrong.