Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Venture Completed - Family Increased

We needed something to write about on our blog, so we did it. We got Daisy the Cowdog, renamed Chloe. Apparently, she was just becoming Daisy, so she wasn't used to that name yet. She ends up being a pure-bred Chihuahua. I thought she was at least part because she's got ears like one. I don't care for Chihuahuas in general - the look (bulging eyes - little rat dogs), the jumping, yipping, etc. Chloe is much cuter and very mild-mannered. We've only heard her bark twice. I looked up Chihuahuas for sale on the Internet and have found them being sold anywhere from $500-1600! The guy selling her rescues dogs and someone had dropped her on his doorstep along with her registration papers. He just asked if we'd pay $50 towards a vet bill he had just incurred for her shots. So, all in all, I think we got a pretty good deal. Kayleigh's having a good time with her and I even caught Matt cuddling with her in the recliner last night.

My only questions now are:
1. Do I have a purse big enough to carry her in?
2. While driving, am I going to let her ride on my shoulder or in my lap?

Answers to the above:
1. Probably, but it ain't gonna happen...I don't have the Paris Hilton look...thank goodness.
2. You've got to be kidding!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chloe is very cute - I can see why Kayleigh would call her cowdog - but Chloe is a good name. Does this mean at annual, yearly trip time I get both Kayleigh and Chloe? Now that is a bargain!!