Friday, April 24, 2009

The Poop

We (I) decided to do Square Foot Gardening this year. It's supposed to be much easier and you can produce more in a smaller area. Kayleigh helped me build the little square foot thingy and, after starting some plants inside a few weeks ago, helped plant them the other day. The soil is a mixture of peat moss (which is VERY heavy, as in I could barely drag the bag around), vermiculite, and compost. Needless to say, it's stinky and Kayleigh calls it the "Poop Garden." Hopefully, it will not taste like one! As you can see, we don't have much in it...we're kind of picky. I had some watermelon and cantaloupe started and was planning to plant them in the real garden spot, but a big gust of wind blew them off the deck the other day. Garrett tried to reassemble them, but it was bye-bye watermelon and cantaloupe!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That is an awesome little garden! Even if it does smell like poop. If the veggies turn out you'll have to give me a little tutorial.