Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Vagabond


Now that Kayleigh is sleeping in her "big girl" bed, we seem to have trouble getting and keeping her there. It's not that she doesn't like it, it's more that she apparently needs a little variety to spice up her life. Since the big change, during the middle of the night, we've found her under the bed and out in the hallway on several occasions. She sleeps in a different bed for naps and at night, depending on what is available and/or strikes her fancy. She migrates from hers to Tara's to Garrett's to ours. She's wanted to sleep in the chair in Garrett's room and on the stairs (I did, however, put my foot down on those). Notice all of her "friends" she has to sleep with. I think she's up to about ten.
She's also started having weird dreams. Last night, Matt went to check on her (she had been in Tara's bed) and found her in the hallway again. When he picked her up, she was wide awake and very animatedly started jabbering about a spider in her bed. She talked Matt into sleeping with her in Garrett's bed after that.
P.S. Notice the 'Lemon Meringue' and 'Melon' paint? I was kind of iffy about it, but I like how it turned out.
P.S.S. Any tips on getting a very opinionated child who wants absolutely NOTHING to do with sitting on any potty (big or little) - at least without a diaper on - to gain an interest in doing so?? I'm open to suggestions...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new background. The little tools are only on your screen, the rest of us can't see them. If you log out of your blog and go in just like a visitor, they won't be there. Love the paint - it's perfect. About potty-training, my mom said they had to be potty-trained by one year old (give me a break!!) Anyway, my experience has been, the more you make a big deal of it - the longer it will take. See, she has complete control of that activity and she knows it. Always talk positive to her about it - but don't show your frustration cuz she will know she's the winner. But, I'm old like McCain - what do I know!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Her sleeping habits remind me of Gus!!

Cindy said...

I was just thinking your paint and chair rail looked cute!
Little kids are so cute and funny! Noah fell asleep in the hall by his door almost every night until he moved downstairs.
When I potty trained Noah (which wasn't until he was about 3 1/2) we had salty chips and soda day (to make him have to pee a lot) and put the potty in front of the TV with "potty" videos from the library. It worked pretty good.

Traci S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traci S. said...

(Sorry, I screwed up on my earlier comment.) I coincided potty training with Lauren's third birthday. About a week before her birthday I started making a big deal of the fact that she was going to be 3 and that meant she was a big girl and she couldn't wear a diaper anymore. And then I made a big deal about picking out "big girl" panties and how she could pick out whatever ones she wanted with whichever character she wanted. Then when she did good, I rewarded her with more panties. She thought it was great that she could pick them out and let me tell you, she had a lot of panties -- probably 50 pairs and I'm not even kidding. But since kid's butts stay so little I didn't have to buy her new underwear until she was like 6 or something. :)