Friday, October 10, 2008

Garrett, Garrett, Garrett

Yesterday, Garrett (who doesn't read the blog) asked if I ever write about anyone except Kayleigh. I told him that I generally don't because the rest of them don't do anything - they're boring. So, while still on the way home, he plucked a totally white hair from the front of his "bangs." I said, "Hey! Something to put in the blog!" He's been eying this hair for some time and finally decided to get rid of it. I kept telling him it was blond, so it seemed in the sunlight, but he was insistent that it was white. When he pulled it out, he was freaked out that the entire thing was white. When I told him that I started getting gray hair when I was 18, he was appalled. I said, "Why is that so shocking? You're getting them at 15!" I told him it would be really awesome if he was completely white by the time he goes on a mission. For some reason, he doesn't agree. If he ends up looking like Steve Martin, I won't complain.
Garrett's currently taking a "Theater" class (it's not cool to call it "Drama" anymore). He had to do a pantomime which he practiced for us last night. It was about trying to put a dollar in a pop machine, having trouble with it, making his selection, it (the pop bottle) getting jammed in the machine. Once he gets it out by shaking the machine, he gets into the car, opens the bottle and it spews all over. He holds it out the window to finish opening it, takes a drink and it's horrible. He gets mad and dumps the rest of the drink out, puts the lid on and reconsiders. He takes a look at the inside of the lid and realizes that he's an instant winner. He did a really good job. It was pretty funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Garrett is a "hottie", no matter the hair color. Tell him things could be worse - Matt's dad started losing his hair when he was 17 yrs. old - and still in high school!

Cindy said...

This woman in my ward has long brown hair and a streak of grayish-silver in her bangs. Brent says she looks like a woman in the X-Men movie. Never seen it myself but it sounds cool. Maybe Garrett will get something like that!