I've recently been thrust into the bizarre and unsettling world of the Teletubbies. I managed for years to avoid them as I refused to let the other kids watch them when they were little. I never saw the show then, but didn't like the looks of the "Tubbies" and had never heard anything good about the show. Unfortunately, Kayleigh discovered them one morning while I was flipping through channels (all five that we have) looking for something "good" such as Curious George or Clifford the Big Red Dog and I decided to give in and let her watch it (because, you know, she gets everything she wants). I thought I'd give it a try, maybe it wasn't so bad, maybe there was a good message to be gotten, etc. NO. I think the most bizarre and unsettling thing about them is that they're still on TV after 20 years! Of course, Kayleigh loves them and knows their names...Tinky Winky, Dipsy, LaLa and Po. So, when it's bright and early at 7:00am, and you're wishing you had time to sit down and watch "Teletubbies," think about how you wish you were me and how cute this sweet, beautiful little girl will look as LaLa on Halloween! I can hardly wait!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isabella loved Teletubbies when she was little. Don't worry it's really a baby show so they get over it and move on pretty quick. Just keep pushing the less annoying shows on her!
Like you, I'm still looking for some redeeming qualities to recommend that show - none, zero, zilch!! Cindy's comment is good - this, too, shall pass!
Post a Comment