Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Whatcha doin', Zoa?


Kayleigh's been saying, "Whatcha doin', Zoa?" lately and we're not sure where she got this or who in the world "Zoa" is. We say it back to her sometimes and she thinks it's funny.

So, what are we doing??? We like to say there isn't much going on, but I guess we're pretty busy when we actually take a look at things. Yesterday, Tara, Kayleigh and I had a great visit with Cathy and Judy. Judy was feeling pretty good and was able to spend about an hour and a half playing with Kayleigh. We had a nice time and Kayleigh was sad to leave them...especially Gussy. She kept saying, "Grandma lives in Salt Lake...and Ju-Ju...and Gussy." On the way home, we stopped by my mom's house and had lunch with her. Now that we live in Clinton, I've lost my Saturday garage-saleing (sp?) partner and have resorted to checking out a few in Clinton each week with Kayleigh in tow. She's getting the hang of having to get in and out of the car, but she's not a die hard garage saler yet.
Matt's finishing up his one summer class in a couple of weeks...only TWO more and he's DONE!! Next term is going to be really crazy. One class will be two mornings a week (making him get off work later) and the other is at night. Working in Salt Lake uses up about two and a half to three hours of each day commuting. Plus with his current calling (Counselor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency), he usually has meetings one or two nights a week. I guess he'll find time to study in there somewhere. Hopefully, Kayleigh will remember who he is by then.



We haven't heard from Brandon lately. I've heard he has a girlfriend and recently took a trip to Las Vegas. Maybe he got married????

Garrett and Jenny are still in Michigan and were able to go up to Mackinac Island and tour the Grand Hotel. They're due back sometime around the beginning of August. We really miss our other babysitter!!

Tara is taking it easy this summer. She initially applied for several jobs in the area, but didn't have any luck. She had an interview at Quizno's this morning and is supposed to find out tomorrow if she got the job. We'll keep you posted. The plus...families get 25% off!
I'm still the Young Women's President and am trying to get ready for Girl's Camp which is Aug. 5-8. We turn around and have a ward youth conference the next week at Camp Bartlett in Idaho for three days. I think that'll be more than enough young women and camping for me for the season.

Matt, Kayleigh and I are going to Park City this weekend. His company has a condo there, so we get to stay for really, really cheap. The best part is we get to eat out and watch cable. We always look forward to that (since we don't have it at home), but usually leave thinking, "This is why we don't have cable." More channels of nothing. It'll be good, though, to feel like we're getting away and plan to enjoy the cooler weather up there.

That's about it for us at the moment. As Kayleigh says, "Later Gater!" (Can you tell we kinda like her???)
** This blogging stuff is kind of tough to figure out. Can't quite get it to look like I want it to. - Oh well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I misled you about the settings for your blog - seems like you are up and running now - good job!
Nothing seems to brighten Judy as much as a visit from Kayleigh - she gets really excited when I say that you are coming by - thanks for your visit.

Mandy said...

Kristen,

I miss talking with you!
I am so sure that you and Matt had the cutest little girl in the world! I almost peed my pants when I saw the picture of her angry face! I love you and miss you I need to come and see you soon!

Mandy