Tonight I was lucky enough to go to bed at 9:00. I had a dream in which I walked into my kitchen, not really paying attention, and said something to the effect of, “You don’t ever have to worry about making me crab cakes…eew, disgusting, blah, phooey, icky, gross.” I then proceeded to imitate one of Kayleigh’s silly walks she made up a while back. When I realized you weren’t laughing (you are the one person we can count on to always laugh at our Kayleigh stories), I looked up to find you and Cindy standing at my kitchen counter. You had a spatula in your hand and were moving fresh, hot, you guessed it, crab cakes from a cookie sheet to a plate. The look on your face was pure hurt. I felt so horribly guilty that I woke up from my dream. This was around 11:30.
I went to the bathroom, listened to Matt snore and mulled the dream over in my mind for about an hour. I cannot go back to sleep without getting this off my chest.
Now, let me say this…”Forewarned is forearmed” or “Forearmed is something something.” I’m not sure how the saying goes and if I have it right, does it even apply to me? To you? I feel fairly confident that you aren’t up right now making crab cakes that you’ll be freezing and later transporting on dry ice in April to surprise me. I don’t know if I’ve ever even had a crab cake and, even so, I’m about 110% sure that I don’t want to try one.
I know this was just a dream, but even as I write this, I am feeling another surge of guilt. So, where do we go from here? Joe’s Crab Shack? McGrath’s? My treat.
AML,
Kristen
3 comments:
Ha ha! Funny. If it makes you feel any better, I would probably never eat crab cakes either.
Perish the guilt, my sweet daughter-in-law,---eew, disgusting, blah, phooey, icky, gross; I can't imagine ever making crab cakes. I can't imagine ever WANTING to make crab cakes. McGrath's is good, I'll eat shrimp.
Kristen! I'll start by saying that, believe it or not, crab cakes are delicious. Brandon got me hooked while I was pregnant. :)
Also, get blogging! I check daily for updates and there haven't been any in ages!!!!!
Post a Comment