Monday, November 02, 2009

Good Things Utah

On Friday morning (yes, I managed to get up in time), we had a Young Women's activity where we went to be part of the studio audience on Good Things Utah. I haven't ever watched the program, so didn't even know the ladies on it. My main goal was to score some freebies. I was told they give away things like on Oprah. Oh, they gave things away all right, but I didn't get a new car or refrigerator. Instead, I got a bib/apron thing from Harmon's (modeled below by our resident grilled cheese maker), a 50% off coupon to Robert's Crafts, a bunch of music downloads and a coupon from Harmon's for a free piece of fruit. I learned how to make a sour cream spider web on some tomato soup and a cute pot with candy wrappers glued on it. It was kind of fun, but a little beneath my expectations. I'm thinking about making a tour of some of the other morning programs and writing a book about my experiences.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Who needs Oprah when you've got a Harmon's apron and a piece of fruit?

Kayleigh Mattison Hales said...

Yeah, but I doubt we'll be making a trip to Harmon's just for the fruit!