Several of the women in my neighborhood have gotten into delivering phone books. In talking with them, I heard that they make $200-300 doing it (worth it). So, Kales and I decided we'd try it out. You only get three business days to deliver them, so we spent the better part of last week picking up 600 phone books, stuffing them in bags and delivering them around Clinton. Matt and I had things going on every night, so we weren't able to work on it in the evenings and G and T weren't interested in helping for a cut of the earnings (not that I was interested in giving up any of my measly pay). It turns out that it's really only about $100/route and these nutty women were doing 3-4 routes (not worth it). It was insane. Kayleigh was such a big helper and was so good to be stuck in the car for hours and hours. She got the routine down fairly quickly - setting the books on the hinge side of the doors. She was good to holler out the car window at me, "Other side, Mom!" (though I was doing it correctly). I'm pretty sure we won't be doing it again.


Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment