First of all, I should have had Garrett making these for his foods class...So the other night, I decided to make pizza dough from scratch. I think I made it once about 100 years ago and don't remember it being that great. I guess it wasn't, otherwise I would have been doing it all these years, right? I'm much more mature and food-savy now, so I figured it would be a little better this time around. Well, I started reading the recipe and realized that I should have done that about an hour earlier. I didn't know it had to rise for such a long time - twice! My husband was STARVING, so he went for cheap "real" pizza while my dough was doing it's thing. Not wanting to waste what I had started, I decided to turn it into doughnuts. I mean, we had just made them at Young Women's a few weeks ago with Pillsbury biscuit dough - same thing, right? - and they were GOOD! I cut out these cute, little doughnuts, deep-fried them, and drizzled a powdered sugar/milk concoction on top. They looked delicious! I guess biscuit dough and pizza dough just aren't the same thing. The doughnuts tasted like pizza crust drizzled with powedered sugar/milk concoction. Oh well, live and learn. I think Garrett would have gotten at least a D.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's just like those Pizza Hut cinnamon roll things. They're just pizza dough too. Not very good, either.
Post a Comment