My life is changing and I'm not so sure it's a good thing. It's good for others, but I don't know that it will be for me. The last 20+ years have been spent focused almost entirely on the well-being and happiness of my four older kids and I've loved it! Now Brandon's gone off, gotten married and started his own family, so I rarely see him. Jenny is going off to college in a few weeks...far away. Tara has graduated and will be moving on soon. Garrett probably won't be around much since he won't want to be the only one coming over and be the center of attention (not that Kayleigh will allow him to be), and he's got quite the social life. I know change is good (or so I'm told), but I miss the good old days hanging out with them all. I'm very, very glad that I have Matt and Kayleigh in my life to fill the void I feel developing, but still...Why can't they stay little forever?? The other day I was talking to Kayleigh about it. She very seriously said, "I'm sorry I have to grow up." I just sighed and tried to hold back the tears.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, but you have the memories and a voice whispering, "Well done my good and faithful servant!"
I know what you mean. With Noah going to school all day this year it's like a chapter of my life is ending. It's cool but kind of sad at the same time.
Post a Comment