As I was changing the sheets on our bed this morning (that's the miracle!), I began this chain of random thoughts. Actually, it's the second miracle of 2009. The first, as I digress (don't people use that word a lot these days?), was yesterday when I personally cleaned the bathroom rather than doling it out as a chore to the less fortunate in our household. Anyway, I started thinking about what an odd couple Matt and I are. Not odd in comparison to each other, because I feel we're so similar in so many ways that I married myself, but to other couples. From changing the sheets, I went on to think about how I really need to start painting our bedroom (I've had the paint for months), to how cool it will be to get new furniture and bedding, and to how ads always show a bunch of big, puffy pillows on the beds. We are not big, puffy pillow people. We are not even people with pillows of normal puffiness. I sleep with three pillows, two that are semi-puffy that I can arrange in various stages of height and one that has been washed and is all soft and lumpy. This is my "cuddle" pillow. I got addicted to it while I was pregnant with Kayleigh and have been unable to break free from it's grasp. I absolutely love it! I even take it on trips. Matt uses one pillow that is now probably only about two inches thick (sincerely!) and folds it in half. This is not because we can't afford a new pillow (we've bought new ones) or because I won't share (I've offered). It works for him just like my three do for me. When we finally do get new bedding we may have to get new puffy pillows under which to hide our favorites just for appearance sake. I thought about putting pictures of them on here, but we all know what drool spots look like, don't we? ...uh, right?
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My daughters-in-law are very interesting people - first, palindromes and now pillows. I can hardly wait for the next blogs (says the one who blogs about a GPS)! It's all great fun.
I have a cuddle pillow too! I started using it when I was pregnant with Noah and couldn't ever stop.
Post a Comment