Today Kayleigh and I took a "field trip" to the Hill Air Force Base Aerospace Museum. If you haven't traveled this far north before, it's the next exit up from us in Roy. Best of all, it's FREE! Since it's been nice out and Kayleigh's getting older and I'm tired of watching "Beauty and the Beast," I thought it was time to hit the road. The great thing about the museum, besides being free, is that K can run all over. She liked not having to be in a buggy...Brad and Jen - you know what I'm talking about! We hit it just in time as an elementary school group was leaving. We pretty much had the place to ourselves.Kayleigh was excited about the airplanes for a few minutes when we first got there, then got a little distracted making me glad we didn't pay money to go. She had fun swinging on the poles and climbing on the benches scattered about. She spent a considerable amount of time walking on the "railroad tracks." These did look like railroad tracks but were really just for a sliding partition at the back of the room. Again, I'm glad I didn't pay for that!

3 comments:
We went there once on the way back from camping. I think the kids were too tired to care much about it though. Your retro music is taking me back. We had that Captain and Tenille 8 track when I was a kid. Ah memories, now I need to hear some Bay City Rollers too!
So typical, you give a child a toy and they play with the box it came in! She really likes to ring-around the poles doesn't she? Remember when we went to the Festival of Trees - she had a lot of poles. Oh well, as you said, it was good to get out and better that it was free. That is on the list of places to visit when Lauren and I do our adventures. Hmmmm, wonder if I can keep Lauren away from the "railroad tracks"!
Oh Yes, the buggy days! Long gone, but I am thinking about getting a harness for the boy. I think their still legal in Texas.
Post a Comment