What is your favorite Christmas memory or tradition? One of mine is when I was a kid living in Huntsville, TX. We were dirt poor (has that changed?), living on our property out in the woods. We had no central heat in our house, so in the winter we kids would sleep in the living room by the wood-burning stove. On Christmas Eve we sat on the floor around the tree with my mom and had a Christmas dinner of hot dogs and chips. My mom may have even splurged and made them chili dogs! For whatever reason, it was a special time for us as kids. Maybe because we got to eat on the floor like we were having a picnic. I don't know. In actuality, it probably only happened once, but it sticks in my mind as if we did it every year. How about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't it funny how simple memories like that stick out in your head.
One memory I can think of is the Christmas after my parents got divorced. My mom didn't have any money to spare so we didn't get hardly anything. My older sisters only got one present because we were so broke. I remember my mom got a deal on baking stuff so we baked a lot. She never baked except at Christmas so I always loved that. So I remember baking and watching the Muppet Movie on Christmas Eve and it sticks out in my head as a really nice, simple Christmas.
Post a Comment