Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kayleigh QuakingAspenSeed (her "Native American" name)

Kayleigh has a book that's a version of "Jack and the Beanstalk," but is about a cat named Jasper who plants a bean. It started me thinking that I should let Kayleigh plant a seed of some sort and blah, blah, blah. On Friday, she and I had lunch with some friends at Hard Rock Cafe (which, by the way, is going out of business in December -probably because people like me haven't been there for ten years). With her kid's menu, they gave her some "Save the Planet" seeds to plant for a Quaking Aspen. That day when we got home, we went out back and dug some dirt out of a planter we haven't used for a while and, knowing a storm was coming, planted her seeds in a butter bowl. She helped water it and now we are checking it everyday and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...(just like in Jasper's book. But, unlike Jasper, we aren't going to grow impatient and dig it up...maybe...)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

OMG She is so freaking cute, and you do the cutest activites with her you are a great Mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of her doing her "happy face". I so hope the tree sprouts before the cold sets in.