Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Life...today

I am soooooo glad to have the internet back, though now I can't remember all of the reasons I just had to have it. I'm sure they'll come back to me though!
Now that Jenny has graduated and is making college plans...yes, decisions have been made!...we're booting her out. We only have two rooms available for the kids, so we're rearranging. She's kind of had her own room while Tara and Kayleigh have been sharing. Poor Garrett, who sort of had a room in the basement (unfinished and shared with storage and spiders), has been sleeping on her floor since we moved in. We're moving T & K into J's larger room and putting G in T's old one. When we moved in, J's room was lavender (ugh!) and white. I'm repainting it before moving the other girl's into it. T loves orange and has been trying to convince me to paint it that color. I pretty much told her, "NO WAY!!!" I did, however, decide to compromise and am painting it a pale yellow and "Melon." Needless to say, it's very bright and fruity! She's not too happy with it, but I figure she'll be getting the boot in a year herself. Once I finish (hopefully today), I can work on G's room.
Back to Jenny...she got a Regence scholarship and is going to go to Weber State in January so that she can use that. It has to be used at a Utah school and is only good for a year after she graduated. She's applying for BYU-Idaho for next fall.
Kayleigh has given us some reprieve from watching "The Lion King" all day everyday. She's now added a little variety by including "The Lion King 1-1/2," "Shrek," "Shrek 2," and "Clifford's Really Big Movie." She's also started saying, "I don't like..." "I don't like to pray." "I don't like cereal." She said, "I don't like Jenny" all the way home the other day. Luckily, Jenny wasn't in the car with us. I know she loves Jenny more than all of us put together, so it was kind of weird.
MY QUIRKS: (I'm sure Matt can tell you more)
1. I have to have things lined up "just so." Like if I'm standing at a receptionist's counter, I can't keep myself from lining up the papers, pamphlets, sign in book, etc. with the edge of the counter.
2. The dirty dishes have to be put in the side of the sink that doesn't have the disposal...not on the counter, not in the other side, not on the stove...
3. When sleeping, my sheet and blanket have to be pulled tight and smooth over my body. I can feel the weight difference if there's a wrinkle or an overlap of some kind.
4. I can't stand to have garbage left in my car. I don't like the "lived in" look.
5. When getting a Diet Coke (the best drink ever invented!) at a gas station (drive thru, of course), I have to have lots of ice...as in, fill it to the top with ice, then put in the DC. I KNOW it means less DC, but I'd rather drink really cold watery DC, than warm DC with a kick.
6. The best dinner in the world...vanilla ice cream and sour cream and onion potato chips!
These are a few. As I said, Matt can probably tell you ton's more that I haven't thought of!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm with you on the sheet thing! I have to have smooth sheets or it's like sleeping in a pile of unfolded laundry!
Brent's always getting on my case about keeping the side of the sink with the disposal clear.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are "connected" again. I'd hate for you to miss out on Traci's rantings about Sarah Palin. I think Cindy could rant too, but she shows restraint and merely points out the ridiculousness of the whole GOP ticket - she is more subtle. So glad Kayleigh has broadened her movie repertoire - I do have the Shrek movies. Good thing it is cooling off so you can get your painting finished. FYI - I cannot have dirty dishes on the disposal side either - it just messes everything up!! Welcome back to the craziness.