I hope everyone is handling the heat better than we are. We're still running ol' Swampy and not getting much relief out of it. We've developed a new nightly routine of sitting on the front steps wondering if the neighbors think we're watching them. Kayleigh loves to play in the "front side," so it works well. We eat Popsicles, run through the sprinklers, draw with sidewalk chalk, swat the mosquitoes, and sweat. The other night, Kayleigh ran down the driveway, tripped and landed on her hands and knees. Then, and this part was in slow motion, her face skidded across the cement. She has some lovely road rash that looks like her cheek and nose got seared by a hot round poker the size of a glass bottom. I've gotten many comments as we've been out and about. It took a few times of people staring at us for me to realize what the deal was. People are very vocal and comfortable asking what happened to her (much more so that I would be and think they should be). Even though the accident could only have been prevented by keeping her in a plastic bubble, I feel like people think I'm lying when I explain what happened. I'm just waiting for Social Services to come knocking. Of course, it doesn't help that her top lip had just healed from when she jumped off the counter (yes, I was right there and even had my hand on her knee to prevent her from falling) with the toothbrush in her mouth. If she survives having such bad parents, it will be a miracle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh noooooooooooo!! Poor little thing. Like Daddy, like daughter - lots of scrapes and scabs at your house. Well, the Hales are sturdy and always seem to heal nicely. Next time you get the "look" from strangers, just say, "Yeah, I amuse my child - do you have a problem with that??"
oops, abuse NOT amuse - but that may be actually the truth!!
Post a Comment