We had a good weekend. On Saturday, Jenny was kind enough to babysit for us while we celebrated our third wedding anniversary by going to dinner (Applebee's) and a movie ("Indiana Jones"). Poor Jenny seems to be Kayleigh's favorite person in the whole world, so she gets stuck with her even if we're home...Kayleigh wants nothing to do with us when she's around.
The older kids are all gone now for about a month. Every summer, they spend about that long in Michigan with their dad's parents. They have a house on Lake Huron and get to see their other relatives, including their great-grandma (Oma) who is turning 97 next week. They usually go about this time of year to attend an annual, big family birthday party for Oma and stay until just before school starts up again.
I will miss them, of course, and it's always kind of that after-holiday let-down when they leave, but Matt and I are looking forward to having Kayleigh pay attention (by default) to us again.
Matt's week got off to a great start this morning. He got up early to go jogging and was attacked by a couple of dogs. When he first saw them, he decided to be cool and just jog past (a great feat for someone who has a fear of big dogs), but they came after him and started biting his ankles. Somehow, he got tripped up and fell on the ground. They left him alone after that and watched him run off with a pretty skinned up knee and a scrape on his hand. Chihuahuas are ruthless! Just kidding...he said they were bigger than that.
The older kids are all gone now for about a month. Every summer, they spend about that long in Michigan with their dad's parents. They have a house on Lake Huron and get to see their other relatives, including their great-grandma (Oma) who is turning 97 next week. They usually go about this time of year to attend an annual, big family birthday party for Oma and stay until just before school starts up again.
I will miss them, of course, and it's always kind of that after-holiday let-down when they leave, but Matt and I are looking forward to having Kayleigh pay attention (by default) to us again.
Matt's week got off to a great start this morning. He got up early to go jogging and was attacked by a couple of dogs. When he first saw them, he decided to be cool and just jog past (a great feat for someone who has a fear of big dogs), but they came after him and started biting his ankles. Somehow, he got tripped up and fell on the ground. They left him alone after that and watched him run off with a pretty skinned up knee and a scrape on his hand. Chihuahuas are ruthless! Just kidding...he said they were bigger than that.
4 comments:
I've had that same experience of coming across a dog in the early morning. Never attacked but scary none the less. Glad to hear that a skinned knee and hand were all that came from it. (would give a million bucks to have seen it)
Glad you finally got to celebrate your anniversary. Sometimes it's hard to find time for yourselves. Wow - what were those dogs doing off a leash!!! It really is scary if you don't know the dogs. Was there anyone around to help Matt when he fell? Chihuahuas - what are you thinking!:)
Kristen,
Thanks for the invite to the blog! I feel for Matt and the dogs. Nearly every time I go running a dog runs up to me and scares the crap out of me, I'm afraid of big dogs and I know they can smell fear! I had the same experience as Matt but on a bike. The dog bit my heel, drawing blood and I almost crashed. You'd think there'd be leash laws or something! Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment