Thursday, June 26, 2008

Daddy pick a nose...

Well...here we go...following the crowd...
Everyone else is blogging, and I happen to enjoy reading what's going on with family, friends, etc., so I thought I'd take a stab at it. I may quickly lose interest since I'm already having a hard time keeping up on my journal, but I'm thinking this will be more fun, though not necessarily less boring for others. I'm well aware that you'll probably lose interest quickly as well, so no need to worry that I'll be constantly asking whether you've read my latest blog.
Just a little explanation about the title as it's probably the funniest thing to come out of Kayleigh's mouth lately...Matt, Jenny, Garrett, Kayleigh and I went camping in Huntsville last week. We took two cars as Matt had to run up to WSU on the way home. As we pulled up next to him on the highway at one point, he acted like he was unaware we were there and pretended (so he says) to be really "digging for gold." Since then, Kayleigh has been telling people, "Daddy pick a nose in the Rodeo." Someday we'll finish the roll of film and post some pictures from the trip.
After camping, we (all of us minus Kayleigh plus Tara) went to Moab for a few days to go rafting. It was a pretty fun time. Matt and I had been a few years ago, but this time the rapids were much better. Some of us got to do a little kayaking, too.
Updates on everyone:
  • Matt is down to three more classes at WSU and then he'll be a college grad.
  • Brandon just moved in with his cousin into an apartment in downtown SLC.
  • Jenny graduated from high school as a Utah Scholar and is applying to BYU-Idaho.
  • Tara is looking for a summer job and hanging out with friends.
  • Garrett is heading to Michigan for the rest of the summer with his grandparents and cousin, Kyle.
  • Kayleigh just finished a summer session of tumbling and is busy growing up too quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job - you mastered that quickly. Loved your blog title, your picture, and your update on the family. I do hope you'll find time to continue.

Bradley Ray said...

If memory serves me, he has been doing that since we were kids, both in jest and for real!!!