Saturday, September 05, 2009

Ramble Ramble Copy Cat...and I don't even have math homework to drive me to it!

Okay, so I really don't have anything interesting to say. I just spent about 45 mintues composing a post and accidentally deleted it all. And it was so cool! You would have laughed yourselves silly! Okay, not so, but, man, I hate when that happens! I'm currently experiencing some kind of stress relief of some kind...I think...but I'm not sure that's really what it is. Probably not, as I don't feel like I've been stressing, but do feel like we've had a lot going on lately. I know, I don't have little kids or myself in school or three boys to run around. I'm not moving and having babies or even going to work. How could I be stressed, you say? It's just not possible. It's probably more that I've been going to bed late and not getting my regular naps in. Again, I hate when that happens!
Tonight Matt and Kayleigh went to a coworker's wedding in Highland. I opted out for an evening alone, but didn't have anything really planned to make it a real humdinger. I went to Albertson's and got ten bags of LifeSavers and two Klondike bars for free. I worked on my lesson for tomorrow. So, all in all, it's been an uplifting evening.
I don't know why I've felt so busy because we haven't had church in our building for three weeks and I copped out of mutual Tuesday for Kayleigh's birthday. I feel like I've been neglecting my calling though there hasn't been anything going on. Maybe because I cancelled a campout we were going to have in a few weeks (I just wasn't getting into it) and haven't started planning YWIE which will be in November, but will actually be here in the blink of an eye if I don't get on it soon.
Bob and Jeana are taking Jenny up to BYU-ID on Sunday. Her new student orientation starts at 8:30 Monday morning. Matt, Kales and I are driving up Monday morning with her stuff and get to see where she's going to be living, and attend a parent/student luncheon and some other activities. We've been waiting and waiting to find out if she was going to get a cooking (her preference) or non-cooking dorm. She finally found out the other day that she gets to be in a cooking one. I spent today scrambling around getting last-minute "cooking" things she'll need. I didn't want to buy stuff for that if she wasn't going to need it. Knowing sooner would have been nicer, but what do you do? Due to my couponing escapades, I was able to provide a lot of the necessities from our own supply. However, I wasn't willing to give up things like utensils, pots and pans, etc. I did get some good deals while I was out today and have picked up some things at garage sales, though not as much as I would have liked.
Tara got booted this weekend (no renty, no roomy). I'm not sure what she's going to do. She's currently spending her days sleeping due to boredom. I think the more she sleeps, the less motivated she is to do anything productive. Maybe once we get Jenny off...
I took down Kayleigh's toddler bed and moved her newly-colored desk up to her room. She'll sleep in Tara's old bed now (like she wasn't doing that before?). We also put a bunch of shelves in her room for her toys. My hope is to eventually get a bunch of them out of the family room, but I know that also means her bedroom floor is going to disappear. We're still working on the "put it away when you're through playing with it" rule.
Garrett is back in school. I can't believe my baby is a junior! He's still my baby...my little angel face. He's taking some tough courses, some for CE credit. He's also taking guitar lessons on the side. I only have ONE to harp on about grades this year. It feels weird.
I made my bi-weekly trip to WalMart for real grocery shopping yesterday. That would be for the stuff we actually need now. Oh my gosh! It was so hot in there! I think it was a combination of trying to do this price-matching stuff, Kayleigh not cooperating, and very little cool air. I think my blood pressure was probably through the roof by the time I was done. I seriously think Heavenly Father graced me with the largest sweat glands possible in my eyelids alone. I wanted so badly to roll up a Kleenex and hold in on my eyelids with my glasses. I surely would have had I had a Kleenex. I mean, I'm not trying to impress anyone, right? Between the price-matching and coupons, I saved about $50, so that's why I keep going back. It seems to take me forever, especially with my little helper, but it's worth it.
We'll my homies are homie, so I'm done for now. Apparently, we have to play Cookie Cop before bed.
xoxo

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You are SUCH a copycat! I'm kidding. Sounds like you've got plenty going on with all your kids to keep you busy and stressed. I just got rid of some of the plastic bowls my mom got me before I went off to BYU. I should have saved them for you to give to Jenny! HaHa.