So, just in case any of you are wondering how the whole couponing thing is going and whether it's worth the time and effort, for the month of July I spent a little less than my food budget (pat on the back) and got almost $300 of additional groceries...so like for FREE! I'm loving it! And, I didn't go buy a bunch of stuff we don't need or use. This is helping us get our 3-month rotating food supply up to snuff. My goal is to only have to buy the basics each week and be able to use the majority of my budget to buy things on sale in bulk. I'm at the store more than usual, but for $300, I can deal with that.
Today's example...I dragged Matt, Kales, and Tara on an Albertson's run with me tonight because I had some double coupons to use. We got $19.47 worth of Dannon yogurt for 18 cents! Not 18 cents each...18 cents total! Four packs were on sale for $2.00, I had six coupons for $1.00 each, and then six double coupons...FREE plus tax! Also, earlier today, I got a free gallon of ice cream (delivered) from Schwan's, a $10 pair of earrings from Christopher and Banks, and a Hallmark greeting card...all FREE!
This has become my full time job, but, as Matt said, now I'm earning my keep! (He was kidding, of course!...right, sweetheart??)
p.s. Yes, I really am up at 3:15am posting this. I'm too excited to go grocery shopping again tomorrow and can't sleep!! And...Kayleigh is in my bed...again...
1 comment:
Good for you! That is so awesome! You'll have to give a tutorial sometime.
Post a Comment