Friday, July 10, 2009

An Email From the One I Love

Matt sent this email to me yesterday...

(No Subject)‏
From: Matt Hales (halesm@sosstaffing.com)
Sent: Thu 7/09/09 5:45 PM
To: 'Kristen Hales' (kristen.hales@hotmail.com)

The other day on my way to the bathroom at work, I started singing “Mandy” by Barry Manilow. It started off in my head, and slowly made its way into a barely audible whisper. By the time I reached the bathroom door it was getting louder and I was in the zone. As I entered the bathroom, I realized there was no one in there, so I kept going, even louder. Why not? Barry Manilow writes the songs that make the whole world sing, and who am I to try and fight that? Well, just then I saw some shoes below the stall. To my horror, they hadn’t accidentally been left there by a previous bathroom visitor; rather, they were very much attached to ankles. Someone had been given a front row seat to my Barry Manilow tribute concert. I quickly made a futile attempt to identify the shoes—at least that way I would know if the back-stage stall stowaway would know me well enough to identify my voice. I debated hanging around outside to explain myself, but in the end figured that would probably only make things worse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes me laugh so hard!

Traci S. said...

"Why not? Barry Manilow writes the songs that make the whole world sing, and who am I to try and fight that?"

Best sentence ever! Hahahahaha!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - I can so see Matt doing that!!

Cindy said...

Too funny! The Hales men are an entertaining bunch!