Monday, June 01, 2009

Busy is as busy does...or something like that

As you know, I bring it all on myself. I have (uh, "get") to go to youth conference next week to Lake Powell. All I hear is how it's going to be "sooooo hot." "You HAVE to wear a hat." "You HAVE to bring a lot of sunscreen." "We aren't going to be doing much during the day because it's going to be SOOOOOO HOT!" "There isn't any shade." "Bats will crawl into your sleeping bag at night and bite your warm feet." Um, WHY are we going there? Anyway, all of that is beside the point and not the purpose of this post. As usual, I had to come up with some projects to fill my long, boring days with Kayleigh...ha! I decided to make neck coolers for everyone going. I'm making them out of green/brown camoflauge for the guys and cute pink camo for the girls. That's one project. It's coming along nicely and will probably be done today or tomorrow.

The week after YC, I'm going to girl's camp at Heber Valley. They (the Stake leaders) came up with the wonderful (that's sarcastic) idea to have the theme be STARZ...Standing Together and Reaching Zion. The girls will sleep by certification level and each level had to choose a constellation for their camp. I am going to be with the third-years. Someone chose Andromeda "The Princess" for us. My first thought was, "GAG! Princesses! UGH!" I don't really care for the whole princess thing. But, then I realized how easy that is! My second thought was, "How fitting...An'drama'da." Now the other leaders and I have pretty much gone off the deep end trying to make it fun for the girls. We had a guy donate purple rubber gloves and we glued lavender boa stuff around the cuffs for the girls to use when they clean the bathrooms. We got cute flowery fly swatters. We are making cute aprons with crowns on them for when they have kitchen duty and we're making banners made out of princess material to hang in the cabins. Plus, I have to make cheat sheets for the song we have to sing 20 times a day, come up with a cheer, plan testimony meeting and do nightly pillow treats for the girls. I do love having all of these things going on though. I like time management. I'll git 'er done.

No comments: