Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Latest

So I've been mulling over an idea for a project that I want to do, but haven't quite figured it out yet. My mom has, over the years, given me boxes (as in the size reams of paper come in) of photos of our ancestors as well as many from when my siblings and I were kids. She mentioned once that I should put them in a scrapbook. That's all well and good if you're a creative sort and also happen to be into scrap booking. I happen to not be either. I can copy just about anything, but I can't come up with ideas on my own. Thus, my dilemma. I don't want to do something cheesy. (By the way, our time capsule turned out cool and has been relegated to the storage room until 2019.) I've been searching on the Internet for ideas, but haven't had much success. I don't want to do the digital scrap booking stuff. I want to use the actual photos and somehow tie in the person's place in the family tree. If you happen across any ideas, please share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cristy is the "Scrapbook Queen" and she can give you tons of ideas. A couple of thoughts about "digital scrapbooks" - more than one family member can enjoy/possess a copy - and when the pictures are copied into a digital format that stops the fading etc. that the originals will suffer over time. I like you new background - you changed too!!

Cindy said...

I say you just leave it all in the box. It's like a treasure hunt every time you open it!;) (Don't take advice from me. I hate scrapbooking!)