I don't know what the deal is. I think I'm losing my mind. I hope not, because at times I feel there isn't much left. Has it been a full moon? There's got to be a reason. I think my patience is being tested. I've been working for two days on our upcoming New Beginnings night in Young Women's. I made these really pretty (in my opinion - back patting going on here) invitations and, after printing about 3/4 of them, realized I put the wrong date on them. It was taking FOREVER to print them, too. I started over and did some last night and finished them this morning. I was only doing a few pages at a time because I knew I was going to run out of printer ink soon and would probably have to stop and deal with that. I had emailed my YW Secretary this year's mutual theme as she is going to incorporate it in a talk she's giving that night. She emailed me back, confused about how the scripture was supposed to apply to the young women. I'm thinking, duh, it's about being an example. Well, I had sent her the wrong scripture verse (and also the date of New Beg.). Additionally, I had reprinted all of the invitations with the correct date, but they also included the wrong scripture reference for the theme. Well, I'm leaving them as is. Is anyone really going to notice and double check by looking it up? I doubt it. That's not all. I'm also making some necklaces out of Scrabble tiles for the girls. These are going to be so cute! I put the same picture on them that I'm using for the invitations (minus any scripture references - they're pretty small). Thinking I'm really smart, I put the picture on the letter side of the tile to cover it up. Then I poured this resin/hardener goo on them and have to let them set for a few days. I put them all (30 of them) on a cookie sheet and put them up in my bedroom closet so that no little two-year old fingers try to "help" me with them. Of course, it had only been a few hours, but I went to check on them anyway to see how they were doing. The letters on the tiles were showing through the picture! Now I have to start all over. I still haven't pulled my hair out at this point, but it's getting close. Luckily, I'm not much of a procrastinator and have until the 11th to get this done. I went to reprint the pictures and, of course, NOW I finally had to change the ink cartridges. I happened to have one of each - a black and a color. I got these very cheap off the Internet and am pretty sure they're refurbished ones. I changed out both and the printer isn't "recognizing" the color one, so we can't print anything at all now. I'm taking a deep breath (because, after all, I think I'm supposed to be learning patience) and am taking it to Kinko's. Wish me luck!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are such a trooper!! I would have bagged the whole thing - actually just reading about it wore me out, so I'm off to bed.
Hang in there. I know that you are a super Y.W. Pres. With Kayleigh I would have lost my mind long ago. She is soooo cute, but sooooooo busy!
Post a Comment