Have you ever made Amish Friendship Bread? Gone through the ten-day process? Split it into four batches to pass on? We did the first round (and I really think it tastes good!), split the batter and made bread to go with it to pass along to some neighbors. Then we started round two (because it really is good!). After splitting the batter into four baggies on Day 10 again, I never really quite got around to distributing them to anyone. I really hated to just throw it away, so I've been nursing all four along. Sunday was the third Day 10, so we had to split four baggies into four each and bake again. I made six loaves, four of which we gave to Matt's home teaching families (thank goodness he happened to be going that day!). We kept two because they kind of fell apart - and who would we have given them to anyway (and did I mention that it's really, really good?)? Now we're overflowing with baggies of goo and running out of "friends." They're like rabbits that won't quit multiplying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment