Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whose Child is This?

Lately Kayleigh has been doing some naughty things for which I've been making her sit on her bed or on the stairs. At first it was a huge ordeal - crying, screaming, the works - getting her to actually stay for a few minutes. Today, while I was in the kitchen making dinner, she came in to tell me she was going to go sit on her bed all by herself. I didn't think anything of it as she plays in her room often. After a minute, she called down to me and asked if she could get up. (She generally asks this question every two seconds when she's in trouble.) Now I was curious. I asked her why she was sitting on her bed and she babbled something about a pencil. I asked her if she was writing on things that weren't paper and she told me she wrote on the coffee table and the living room wall. I told her she needs to sit there for a few more minutes. She did and then was good enough to help clean up her mess. Bizarro-girl??

3 comments:

Traci S. said...

She is such a smart girl! She knew she wasn't supposed to do it and she punished herself. I'm seriously impressed! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so sweet. She's my hero!!

Cindy said...

LOL! Little kids are hilarious!