Friday, October 17, 2008

Where are you???

Well, how do you like that? Everyone thought I was dead because I hadn't updated my blog and now I'm the only one around! So, I'm on here while I've got some things going on to talk about, but I'm sure I'll hit a dry spell and disappear again.

Like I mentioned before, SNOW! On Sunday while I was at a meeting, Matt let Kayleigh make a snowman on the front porch (in her dress right before church) and thus she couldn't quit talking about it after. Being the good mom that I am (what??), I eventually and grudgingly bundled her up later that day and took her out back to make a big snowman. Well, it wasn't big as you can see, but it was bigger than her first one. She will tell you that she helped make it, but she was busy making her own snowman in the swing to her play toy. Once she was properly frozen and the pictures were taken, she was ready to come in and have some hot chocolate.




Today is Matt's birthday...the BIG 35! He said he's having a hard time with this one, because 35 is OLD. Hmmm...I'd love to be only 35. His office had a pot luck lunch and gave him a bunch of cards and a couple of books. Kayleigh and I spent part of the day making a cake and blowing up balloons. When Matt got home, he opened his gifts (another book and a thingy to plug into the cigarette lighter so that he can listen to his iPod through the car stereo). We went to dinner at Chili's then it was home with full bellies to a little cake and ice cream. Kayleigh did better than I thought she would. I wasn't sure she'd realize that it's Daddy's birthday and he's the one who gets to open presents. She did help blow out the candles...not with air so much as spit. Good thing we're all family!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You got a lot of snow. We got really cold wet stuff that melted pretty fast and made playing soccer (and watching) just a delight!

Kayleigh Mattison Hales said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You are so right - we have gotten behind in our blogging. I think Kayleigh did a great job with her swing snowman. Cute pix!